LOCATION: Safequip Port Elizabeth – Distribution Centre
SUPERVISOR: National Customer Care & Operations Manager
The Warehouse, Operations & Distribution Manager is responsible for multiple key functions:
- To assume full responsibility for all functions related to the selling of all new fire equipment and specialised fire equipment.
- Customer Care and the complete warehouse operations: This includes ensuring the delivering of a professional, helpful and high-quality assistance before, during, and after the customer’s requirements are met. This is a function where procedures are essential in encouraging responsiveness to our clients’ needs and finding methods to support the company’s goals. Managing and overseeing all warehouse operations to ensure that the right products are delivered to the right location on time and at a good cost. This will involve overseeing team performance, expediting the receiving and shipping of goods, and ensuring efficient, organized storage.
- Management of stock within the organisation: This includes receiving, issuing, and dispatching stock as well as handling communication between procurement, warehouse, and production. Responsibility for data entry and inventory of all stock, also doing administrative and clerical tasks (such as scanning or printing). Preparing and editing letters, reports, memos, and emails and running errands. Arranging meetings, appointments, answering phone calls and taking messages. Recording meeting minutes and liaising with teams and units. Tracking petty cash and handling payments. Recordkeeping, and inventory control.
Education, Qualification and Experience
- National Matric Certificate.
- Proven successful sales track record.
- Fire industry experience advantageous.
- Related Degree or Diploma in Logistics / Warehouse / Supply Chain Management.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in warehousing and distribution.
- Minimum 5 years middle or senior management experience.
- Experience in FMCG/distribution industry is preferred.
- Previous experience in Syspro or a related ERP system is essential.
- Advance computer literacy.
- Advanced selling skills.
- Target driven.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Customer Service Ethos.
- Experience on Syspro / SAP / MS Office / Excel.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Communicate in English and Afrikaans.
- Experience in FMCG warehousing and distribution.
- Previous experience and knowledge of customer care or customer service environment.
- Ability to create and manage warehouse processes. / Skills in inventory control and management.
- Good knowledge of management methods and techniques.
- Awareness of industry’s latest technology trends and applications.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Strong client-facing and communication skills (customer service focused).
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills.
- Knowledge of proper safety procedures, equipment maintenance, and warehouse best practices.
- Financial and analytical capabilities to plan budgets, monitor inventory, assess data, and create reports.
- Critical Thinking and Problem-Solving Skills.
- Planning and Organising.
Friday, 11 March 2022